I Believe You Are Amazing
“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six hours sharpening my axe.” — Abraham Lincoln
Self-image is the way you see and think about yourself; it’s your ‘inner mirror.’ You tend to walk, talk, sit, act, think and relate to other people in a manner that is consistent with this self-image.
If you wish to change your external performance, you will have to change your inner picture.
Also, remember that self-esteem is the core of human personality. Self-esteem is the most important element in human performance.
The person with a healthy self-esteem likes himself.
People who genuinely like and accept themselves as valuable human beings perform at much higher levels of effectiveness.
Better days are coming — so stop being so harsh on yourself.
You can start your first step to success by not being so harsh and critical of yourself. Take it easy.
What would you do if someone did something wrong at work and you, as the supervisor or manager, have to have a talk with that person?
You will more than likely choose your words carefully, be considerate to the person’s feelings, and give that person another chance.
Why can’t you talk to yourself in the same way?
Why can’t you be considerate to your feelings?
Why can’t you be just as kind to yourself as you would be to that person?
All in all, why be so harsh on yourself?
It may, or may not, surprise you to know that many people cannot look at themselves in the mirror, yet alone say the three words, I love you.
These people have extreme low self-image issues.
For them, to look at themselves in the mirror to see who they are really frightens them.
Do you suppose they’ll be amongst the successful people? They might, but not in the long run. If they ‘got lucky’ in one way or another, their low self-image will eventually sabotage whatever success they were able to muster, and they will slither back down to their starting point.
You must realise and accept that you are an important, significant and unique individual.
No doubt about it!
How do we know that? Simple.
You are living on God’s planet: you exist, you are walking on this planet earth, you breathe, you have a brain and a mind, and you can make decisions and choices.
This tells us that you are worthy and deserving of the best that life has to offer.
Don’t dwell too much on outward appearances — it’s the inside that really counts.
Unfortunately, life moves pretty fast. So make it a priority to learn to love yourself just the way you are. You are important and you are special. It’s about time you realised and accepted that.
That’s not to say ignore your appearance. All we are saying is that your inner appearance outweighs your outer appearance.
Look great from the outside and feel great from the inside.
“A big part of letting go is recognizing when it is time to stay in a situation and when it is time to move on.” — Darren L. Johnson
Can you change how you see and feel about yourself?
Yes, sure you can.
Do not allow your unhealthy self-image to take control of you. You can change your self-image and the way you feel about yourself if you decide to and remain committed to.
Although it is easy to change your outer appearance: dye your hair, cut your hair shorter or even grow it longer, change your style of clothing, wear different styles of shoes, those will always remain the outer you.
By focusing on the outer you and neglecting the inner you, the one you want to become will eventually be a feeling of the past; one that probably will never truly surface.
Focus your attention more on the inner you, your self-image.
Once that’s aligned, you may focus on both the inner and the outer you. What is primarily important at this point of juncture is changing your inner self; your inner appearance.
Although it may not be that easy, it is well worth every effort, every bit of energy, every drop of sweat; for if you want to enjoy a better lifestyle, a happier, more successful and fulfilling life, step into the gym of your mind, exercise and transform that unhealthy self-image of yours into a healthy, vibrant and vivacious self-image.
“Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” — Anonymous
Yes. Better days are coming; especially when you take on the belief that today IS the first day of the rest of your wonderful life.
Now you may be thinking: How could I change my inner appearance? How could I become outgoing instead of shy? How could I become stronger?
There is no easy and quick way to change your inner self. It cannot be changed overnight. You had a lifetime of an unhealthy self-image to change and ‘update.’
This lifetime conditioning cannot be changed in a day or two. Change, or more specifically replacing the old self-image with the new, requires persistence and constant repetition.
What factors influence your self-image?
Your self-image is a compilation and assortment of inputs that your mind has received from others, right from day one; the day you were born.
The inputs came to you from a whole series of directions: from your parents, siblings, friends and not friends, the media, your environment and life as a whole, as well as the many inputs that you have given yourself, consciously or subconsciously.
These collections are statements that have been repeated often to you or by you, so often that they have become ‘you.’ They have become what you now think and how you see yourself.
For example, if your parents kept repeatedly saying, “Oh, look at you, you’re seven years old and you can’t socialise with people your own age. You’re so quiet and shy. Honestly. How embarrassing!”
Whether your parents meant well or they were genuinely upset at you makes no difference. The point is the statements were said and they were repeated numerous times.
And your subconscious mind took what had been said as fact; irrespective of the intent.
Your subconscious mind will make sure that you remain quiet and shy.
Such comments belittle you and they can have a profound effect on your self-image. You will see yourself as someone who is lacking an important capability in life. And as time progressed, you built on that.
You started to say to yourself, in your own self-talk: “I am shy. I’m scared around people. What an idiot. I must be stupid. My parents think so, and I now see it. They’re right.”
Your own self-talk adds more power to your parents’ comments, thereby giving your supposed ‘shyness’ even more influence and meaning on your life. And as you were growing up, you took with you the self-image that you are a quiet, recluse and shy person, one who hides in a corner and steers clear of people.
This self-image will act as a strong barrier, one that will hold you back from doing, saying and becoming what you want.
It can even block you from being successful in your career or business, more so with the type that requires people or customer contact. This could be a major reason as to why you are not successful in certain fields such as sales, being a receptionist or anything that requires constant contact with others.
If you want to change your self-image you can start off by changing your self-talk.
Life moves pretty fast, very fast in fact. So you need to act very fast so you may live an amazing life.
True, better days are coming, but they can only come when you start talking about yourself in a totally different and new manner. Be kind and gentle on yourself. Say nice and pleasant things, and most importantly love yourself as you are, for who you are.
As with most great accomplishments in life, this may be tough at first, but if you remain committed, it will definitely be worth it. Commit to it and stick to it for as long as it takes for you to see the ‘new you,’ the person you want to be.
In much the same way that you learned a skill through repetition, such as driving, teaching, writing, building websites, you can learn to be who you want to be.
Practice daily to unlearn the talk that contributed to you having an unhealthy self-image.
To change your self-image, you must change how you see and feel about yourself.
You will have to challenge the disempowering beliefs about yourself that you have absorbed as you were growing up.
“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” — Marcus Aurelius
Let’s take this one step further. How do others see you? How do your colleagues and people you are in constant contact with see you? Do they see you as a shy, weak person?
Do you shrug compliments you receive? Why do you think that is?
It’s because you think you are undeserving and unworthy of such uplifting comments. You got so used to being bombarded with the negative, disempowering ones that come flying at you from all directions, that when positive empowering comments get said about you, you reject them. You’re not used to receiving them, so you see them as lies.
Well, they’re not. Accept that now! Accept that you are an amazing person. Yes, you ARE amazing. It’s high time you started to believe that.
Keep reminding yourself that you are outgoing, strong, and confident. Reinforce those beliefs. Act them out more openly and you will soon realise that you are outgoing and confident.
And feel your self-image soar.
Remember: Self-image is extremely important, as it dictates everything that happens to you in all areas of your life. It limits your level of success, your happiness and all-round well-being.
“Nothing is beneath you if it is in the direction of your life.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
A simple effective way to increase your self-image
You probably know the value you get when you eat healthily and exercise regularly. You now know you should also exercise your self-image. When you have a healthy self-image you look and feel happier.
Although you may know how to lead a healthy lifestyle, you may not know other simple steps you could take to improve your self-image.
Help is at hand.
The first step is vital: it all starts with you deciding what it is that you would like to be and what things you are good at or enjoy doing.
Do you enjoy writing or reading poems or short stories, playing badminton or squash, playing football with your children, visiting places of interest with your friends?
Come up with a list of all that you enjoy doing or watching: things that give you pleasure, happiness and a sense of fulfilment.
Your next step is to take part in what you enjoy and are good at, involving yourself as much as possible. As you partake in the events that you not only enjoy but are good at, your self-image will automatically and inevitably increase.
The more you take an active role in such events, the quicker your self-image will increase
If you had a game of badminton with your friends during your lunch break, what were your feelings during the game? Did you enjoy the game? Were you happy with the way you played? Did you feel good during and after?
As you get more familiar with your feelings, you will spot areas where you did not feel quite as comfortable as you would like, where your self-image felt somewhat deflated.
Find out why you think that may be; analyse why your self-image was not as high as you had hoped it would be.
Once done, your next step is to make it your goal to sculpt a positive self-image in that area, and take consistent action until you have the level of self-image that you are after.
One easy and quick way to do this is to identify yourself with a successful image: someone who already portrays the self-image you desire. Find such a person and emulate him or her. And always remember to praise and reward yourself along the way.
“Self-assurance is two-thirds of success.” — Proverb
Below are 49 you are amazing quotes designed to inspire you, to motivate you to be an actual, living amazing person, living a wonderful and amazing life.
As you carefully consider each quote, remember 2 things: Better days are coming and life moves pretty fast.
Why am I saying that?
I truly believe that when you see yourself as an amazing person, better days are coming — better days are sure to come — without a shadow of doubt.
But also remember, life moves pretty fast. In fact, life often moves in a flash. In a blink of an eye another year has gone by and nothing’s significantly changed.
Do yourself a great favour: Commit to memory that YOU ARE AMAZING. Embrace it. Believe it. And watch your self-image and self-esteem soar.
Here are the 49 you are amazing quotes. Enjoy:
1. “You are amazing, you are important, you are special, you are unique, you are precious, you are loved.” — Unknown
2. “In case no one has told you lately, you are amazing, strong, brave, wonderful, kind, loved, worthy, and there is no one like you. The world needs you.” — Unknown
3. “You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing” — Unknown
4. “In case you have not been adequately informed, please consider this official notification that you are awesome.” — Unknown
5. “You are amazing simply for hanging in there and holding on, no matter how hard things get! And for moving forward no matter how scared you are or how anxious you feel. Yep, you are awesome.” — Karen Salmansohn
6. “If someone asked me to describe you in just 2 words, I’d say… simply amazing” — Unknown
7. “Never ever forget, even for one moment, how truly amazing you are.” — Unknown
8. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” — Unknown
9. “Remember you are enough” — Anonymous
10. “You are the only version of you to ever exist in the universe. You are great, you are powerful, you are special”. — Anonymous
11. “This is your morning reminder that you are amazing and you can handle anything.” — Unknown
12. “You are amazing today just as you are.” — Unknown
You are amazing quotes for her
13. “You’re amazing just the way you are”. — Bruno Mars
14. “No words can describe how amazing you make me feel.” — Unknown
15. “And, baby, you know this one fits you to a tee. One word. All I can say is amazing.” — Elliot Yamin
16. “You really are good enough, pretty enough, and strong enough.” — Al Carraway
17. “Just so you know, you’re pretty much the most amazing person I’ve ever met.” — Unknown
18. “You are unique and beautiful in your own way, believe it.” — Unknown
19. “You are more than awesome. Girl, you’re amazing” — Unknown
20. “You are amazing, you are caring, you are funny, you are just my sweetheart.” — Unknown
21. “Love yourself for the amazing person you are.” — Unknown
You are amazing quotes for him
22. “You are amazing, strong, brave, and wonderful. Remember that today” — Unknown
23. “You are stronger than the things that made you weak.” — Unknown
24. “They look at you and say, because of you, I didn’t give up.” — Unknown
25. “You are capable of amazing things.” — Unknown
You are amazing quotes for friends
26. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” — Margaret Mead
27. “You must know that you are great. Never forget that.” — Gurumayi Chidvilasananda
28. “Stop comparing yourself to other people, you’re supposed to be unique.” — Sonya Parker
29. “Sometimes I just wonder what I would have done without you.” — Unknown
30. “Your friendship means the world to me. Just wanted to let you know. “ — Unknown
31. “Thanks for being the shoulder I can always depend on.” — Unknown
32. “Whenever anything happens, the first thing I think of is telling you. That’s the sign of an awesome friend.” — Unknown
I think you are amazing quotes
33. “You are amazing just as you are. More beautiful than you can see, stranger than you feel, and more worthy than you will ever know.” — Unknown
34. “You are amazing. And the more you recognize that, the more wonderful, caring, compassionate, powerful, beautiful, attractive, giving, genuine, wise, open, receptive, loving, brilliant, strong, joyous, courageous, inspired, inspiring, amazing you become.” — Unknown
35. “If I could give you one thing, it would be the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then you will truly understand how special you are. — Frida Kahlo
36. “You are amazing. Own that!” — Unknown
37. “You are amazing. (in case you needed a reminder)” — Unknown
38. “Be yourself, be proud, stand tall. You are amazing!” — Unknown
39. “You should never seek to be someone else, you are amazing.” — Unknown
40. “Always believe in yourself. You are amazing just the way you are.” — Unknown
41. “You are amazing with a side of sprinkles.” — Unknown
42. “Sorry to interrupt you, but I just thought you should know that you are amazing and deserve to be happy.” — Unknown
43. “You are amazing — yes it’s true.” — Anonymous
44. “One of the best things in life is finding someone who knows all your flaws, mistakes and weaknesses and still thinks you are amazing” — Unknown
45. “You are amazing person with unique talents. Have faith in your abilities.” -Lailah Gifty Akita
46. “In a world where you can be anything, be yourself. Because you are amazing.” — Unknown
What a great person you are quotes?
47. “You are good, you are great, you are amazing.” — Unknown
48. “I just wanted to say that I think you are great.” — Unknown
49. “You are great, you are powerful, you are special.” — Unknown
(You are amazing quotes source: https://antimaximalist.com/you-are-amazing-quotes/)
If you’d like to make sure that you get to see all my articles on creating success, happiness, wealth, and fulfilment, then subscribe using the link at the bottom, and you’ll get them delivered straight to your inbox.
Also, if you like my articles, please feel free to share them with a friend. Thanks, as always, for reading. 😊
Hani A Al-Qasem is a personal development educator who specialises in the life and success mindset.
Having devoted over 17 years to the study of human potential and personal development, he is committed to inspire, support and motivate people to create a better and more optimistic world for us all to live in.
Hani A Al-Qasem believes that together, as human beings with a conscience, we can share our expertise, our strengths, our passion, our gift to create awareness that there is another way to make things happen. Instead of ‘changing the TV channel’ because we can’t bear to watch the harshness of life around us, we can take combined action to transform lives.
We cannot change the circumstances that brought people to where they are, but we can change their thinking, from within, to improve the quality of their present and future lives.
Disclaimer: I love that you are curious and that you are checking out this page right now. If you don’t know me, I love to research and try something new! I am all about sharing my experiences and recommendations. I do not recommend anything lightly. Please note that the links below are affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase the product through those links. If you choose to purchase through me and use my affiliate link, it is greatly appreciated, and I thank you.