What Does Success Look Like to You?
The greatest ever secret of success is that there actually are no secrets to success.
There are only methods and principles that have repeatedly proven effective throughout time.
“It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits to our abilities do not exist.” — Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
There is no secret to success! There are only systems for success.
One system that is a prerequisite to success is that you have to change your mind; change your present way of thinking.
When you change your mind-set, your way of thinking, you can literally change your life and be the success you have always desired.
It really doesn’t matter where you are now and what your circumstances are. The only thing that does matter is where you want to go; where is your final destination, what is your destiny.
In other words: What does success look like to you?
At this point, it is crucial that you realise that there are no limits on what you can accomplish in your life.
In fact, the only limiting factor that stands in your way to achieving all that you desire is your own mind.
When you tune your mind to accept and believe that success is achievable for you, and you take regular and consistent action to confirm those thoughts and beliefs, rest assured success is inevitable.
You can be as successful as you want to be. Decide: What does success look like to you, then believe and achieve.
“Whatever your mind can conceive and believe it can achieve.” — Napoleon Hill
What most people do not realise is that success is more of a mind-set than a state of physical exertion.
Did you know that seventeen seconds of emotional visualising is relative to two thousand working hours?
Does that surprise you?
What about 34 seconds of visualising? That equates to twenty thousand working hours.
Here is Napoleon Hill’s quote again. It is important to absorb it for the rest of your life:
“Whatever your mind can conceive and believe it can achieve.” — Napoleon Hill
Notice he said, ‘Whatever your mind can conceive…’
Success has always been mostly a mind-set.
Do you suppose there’s a reason why some people work sixteen or more hours every day for years and have nothing to show for it, whereas others may work five or seven hours and have weekends off and have plenty to show how successful they are?
Sure there’s a reason. They have the success mind-set.
Before we go any further, let’s quickly go through the six requirements for success:
1. Peace of mind: To be free from fear, anger and guilt. The fear of failure and fear of success can alone prevent you from achieving great success. They are detrimental emotions that have the power to strangle any possibility of success. Anger and guilt are also very damaging emotions to success. They are the opposite emotions to love. If you cling on to them, you might as well say goodbye to anything remotely considered true success.
2. Good health: To have good health, be fit and have a high level of energy. If you do not have good health or lots of energy, you won’t get too much enjoyment out of life. Aside from the fact that you need to be in good health to pursue success. How would you enjoy your success if you were tied to a wheelchair, or to bed due to an illness? You worked hard, mentally and physically; isn’t it time to enjoy that success? Yet how could you if you were rendered immobile? How would you hold presentations, seminars, workshops, book signing events, championships, sports events, and the like? Being healthy and fit, full of energy and vitality is an important requirement to success; on the road to success and once you’ve reached your destiny.
3. Loving relationships: To enjoy establishing and nurturing strong relationships with other people. Tony Robbins has been known to say, “The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.” Think about it: how far would you get if you did not get along with your sales and marketing team? Would they work in earnest for you? Unlikely. On the other side, are you likely to get big and get repeat sales if you did not put your heart into establishing honest relationships with potential buyers? Building and developing better relationships are a huge requirement to success; one you cannot do without.
4. Financial freedom: To have enough money. You cannot enjoy life if you are consistently worried about not having enough money. This is a crucial mind-set requirement to success that has to be addressed immediately. Poor consciousness, poor mentality can only lead to disaster. You have to get out of the poor thinking, the poor mentality, and quickly adopt and develop prosperity consciousness. If you constantly worry about your financial situation, you will remain as you are. There is a law, the Law of Attraction. This law has exploded into people’s living rooms. In short, what you focus on expands. If you keep your attention on lack of money, you will attract more lack into your life. For now, steer clear away from poor consciousness and allow prosperity consciousness to grow. How? Do not worry about money.
5. Worthy goals: To have a purpose and meaning to your life. What would happen if you went to a train ticket counter and asked for a return ticket? Wouldn’t the cashier ask you where you want to go? You need a destination, don’t you? Well, it’s the same with life. You need to know where you want to go. You need to know what you want. You need to know what you want to become. Put another way, you need to have a goal and destiny to aim for. And the trick here, is not to decide on any goal or destiny just for the hell of it. It has to be worthy, one that has meaning to you. Otherwise, you will walk around aimlessly, pointlessly, without direction and without a purpose. Do not treat the idea of setting worthy goals as something unimportant or insignificant.
6. Personal fulfilment: To become all that you desire to become. Since you can be as successful as you want, remembering there’s no limit to your success, the question that begs to be answered is: what do you want to become? What does success look like to you? At what point will you declare to yourself that you are now successful and fulfilled, that you are living your life on purpose?
So, yes, success is not an overnight thing that you snap your fingers, and it appears. You really need to make that all-important first decision of what does success look like to you.
This alone has people stumped.
They know what they don’t want and have no clue what they DO want. The thing is, it’s simple to know what you do want; it’s the opposite of what you don’t want.
Keep asking yourself over a few days (or weeks if necessary): What does success look like for me? Write down what comes up. Do not edit. By asking this question over and over, the answer to what does success look like to you will most definitely surface.
Go for it.
As a valued reader, I would like to give you a gift that I believe you will enjoy reading and find to be life-changing.
You can download your copy of “Wealth Attraction — How To Reprogram Your Mind For More Money” FREE eBook where you can begin the automatic reprogramming of your brain for wealth, success, and abundance, in just six easy steps.
Go here: https://successispredictable.com/
Change your brain change your life — take charge of your life
If you’d like to make sure that you get to see all my articles on creating success, happiness, wealth, and fulfilment, then subscribe using the link at the bottom, and you’ll get them delivered straight to your inbox.
Also, if you like my articles, please feel free to share them with a friend. Thanks, as always, for reading. 😊
Hani A Al-Qasem is a personal development educator who specialises in the life and success mindset.
Having devoted over 16 years to the study of human potential and personal development, he is committed to inspire, support and motivate people to create a better and more optimistic world for us all to live in.
Hani A Al-Qasem believes that together, as human beings with a conscience, we can share our expertise, our strengths, our passion, our gift to create awareness that there is another way to make things happen. Instead of ‘changing the TV channel’ because we can’t bear to watch the harshness of life around us, we can take combined action to transform lives.
We cannot change the circumstances that brought people to where they are, but we can change their thinking, from within, to improve the quality of their present and future lives.
Disclaimer: I love that you are curious and that you are checking out this page right now. If you don’t know me, I love to research and try something new! I am all about sharing my experiences and recommendations. I do not recommend anything lightly. Please note that the links below are affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase the product through those links. If you choose to purchase through me and use my affiliate link, it is greatly appreciated, and I thank you.